the rain song › led zeppelin › houses of the holy › 1973


it is the springtime of my loving -
the second season i am to know
you are the sunlight in my growing -
so little warmth i've felt before.
it isn't hard to feel me glowing -
i watched the fire that grew so low.

it is the summer of my smiles -
flee from me keepers of the gloom.
speak to me only with your eyes.
it is to you i give this tune.
ain't so hard to recognize -
these things are clear to all from
time to time.

talk talk -
i've felt the coldness of my winter
i never thought it would ever go.
i cursed the gloom that set upon us...
but i know that i love you so

these are the seasons of emotion
and like the winds they rise and fall
this is the wonder of devotion -
i seek the torch we all must hold.
this is the mystery of the quotient -
upon us all a little rain
must fall...